Biometric testing programs are evaluations intended to identify past, current, and potential medical problems. Some examples of biometric testing programs that you may want to consider offering within your company include:
- stress levels
- cholesterol levels
- blood pressure
- body fat level
- nutrition analysis.
Biometric testing should be somewhat general in nature because they must address the needs of a large group of the employees.
Biometric Testing Tips
Here are some tips for having a Biometric Testing for your organization:
- Biometric Testing should be done once a year to monitor changes.
- It is imperative that you reassure all employees of confidentiality during testing, when / how results are provided and in the before / after counseling.
- Emphasize that Biometric Testing is voluntary, but remind employees of the value of health tests.
- Health education materials should be distributed / made available for all employees, regardless of their health risk level.
When biometric testing reveals an individual at high-risk, then the employee should be encouraged to see their personal physician for treatment and advice.
Besides identifying employees that are in a high-risk category, Biometric Testing can motivate your employees to monitor their health. After a Biometric Testing some employees may feel motivated to set goals and change their behaviors due to test results.
Biometric Testing: Basic Indicators
Biometric Testing provides an immediate assessment of a members basic health and wellness indicators, including:
- Blood Pressure (High, Low and / or Normal)
- Cholesterol / Lipids (HDL and LDL)
- Body Mass Index (BMI)
- Blood Glucose / Blood Sugar
Biometric Testing is generally done onsite at a clients worksite, but Biometric Testing can also be arranged on a drop in basis utilizing a network of more than 10,000 participating lab locations.
On-Site Biometric Screening are a convenient way to assess employee health risk and can include an explanation of results, as well as goal-setting tips and ideas from a Nurse or Wellness Coach. This serves to create member awareness of potential health problems and health conditions, which will assist in motivating employees to make positive lifestyle and behavioral changes. Need a Biometric Testing quote? We can help.